Preparing Your Taxes

Think you have everything you need to file your tax return ?

Here is a list of the most common forms that are needed to complete your return.

Personal Information
  • Social security card or Tax ID number for anyone that is going to be listed on the tax return
  • A valid photo ID
  • Last years federal and state tax return
  • Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit (if applicable)

  • W-2's that have been received from all of your employers during 2019
  • Interest, dividend income (1099-INT, 1099-OID, 1099-DIV)
  • If you are divorced, the amount of alimony that you received
  • If you were self- employed ( 1099- MISC, Schedules K-1
  • Records of all expenses related to your self-employment
  • Sales of stocks  or other property regardless of gain or lost (1099-B, 1099-S)
  • IRA distributions, Annuities, Pensions, Social Security Benefits (1099-R, 1099-SSA, 1099-RRB)
  • Rental Income and Expenses
  • Unemployment and/or state tax refund amount (1099-G)
  • Gambling Income (W-2G) also records of expenses
  • Jury duty records, prizes and awards, and any other 1099's that have came in.
  • For teachers, amount of expenses for your students materials
  • Moving expense, explain to the preparer about your situation
  • Amount of money paid for alimony
  • Amount of money contributed into your IRA's (traditional or roth)
  • Student loan interest (1098-E) 
  • Amount of money paid for tuition (1098-T)
  • Child care information (Tax ID can be obtain from the main office of the school)
Itemizing Deductions
  • Amount of expenses related to medical and dental including insurance premiums and co-pays
  • Real Estate taxes and personal property taxes paid in 2020
  • Home mortgage statements (1098)
  • Mortgage points not found of Form 1098 as well as mortgage insurance premiums
  • Amount of money donated and records of non-cash items that were donated during 2020
  • Un-reimbursed expenses related to your job
  • Amount paid for filing last years tax return